About Me

My photo
LAUSANNE, Switzerland
I am an American living in Switzerland with a Swedish husband, a beautiful baby boy, a Swedish cat, and a French dog.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy 1 week Max.........

You are 1 week old today. It's been incredible, absolutely incredible to have you home.


The first night home was Wed 12.08 and I wish that I could say that it was easy, but it wasn't. I think that maybe you were stressed from the hospital to home transition and all you did was cry. I felt so helpless and nothing seemed to be working. Thankfully Daddy L came to the rescue at 1am and held you until you calmed down and fell asleep and he also gave me time to regroup a bit. What would we do without your Daddy??? He is so good with you and helps me so much. I don't know how I got so lucky to have two such wonderful men in my life!!

Last night went much better. You slept in bed with us. It's the only way you seem to sleep at night. I am not a big fan of co-sleeping. I am so afraid that one of us will roll over on you (yikes!) but it's the only thing that seems to calm you at night. So as long as you feel safe and secure that is what is important to us.

Your fur sister Callie is fasinated by you. She hasn't been sleeping or eating - she just follows us around the house with a concerned look in her eyes. She seems to be a bit more calm today and you both sound asleep in the bedroom. I think that she is excited as well are to have you in our lives.

Today your Grandparents are coming to visit from Sweden. I can't wait for them to see you!

No comments: