About Me

My photo
LAUSANNE, Switzerland
I am an American living in Switzerland with a Swedish husband, a beautiful baby boy, a Swedish cat, and a French dog.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ready or NOT!

Well, today is a beautiful day. The sky is blue and there is snow on the mountains. Here is the view from our house which looks at the Jura Mountains:





Snow on the mountains can only mean one thing:





SOOOOOOOOOOO..............
I bit the bullet and bought a pair of ski boots. Now you know as well as I do that I don't ski but what is a girl to do?? I live in Switzerland for crying out loud. I HAVE to at least work on my skiing. By the way - I STINK at skiing and it scares the crap out of me. I wanted to rent boots for the season but I had a really hard trying to find rentals that fit my lovely flat feet properly. So we bought the boots for me and rented the skis. Lars really doesn't ski either but he rented skis and boots and we are going to bond together on the slopes.... :)

I also joined the ski group at the women's club. There are a few beginners like me so it should be okay. Say a prayer for me that I do not break any bones and wish me luck!

Below is a picture of my ski boots (well one of them at least. the other is at the ski shop being fitted to my boots).

No comments: