About Me

My photo
LAUSANNE, Switzerland
I am an American living in Switzerland with a Swedish husband, a beautiful baby boy, a Swedish cat, and a French dog.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bern - Onion Festival

Yesterday a group of us went to Bern for their Onion Festival. I never in my wildest dreams thought that you could have a whole entire market made up of onions (and also garlic). Boy, was I wrong! I have never seen onions made into figurines but yesterday was my lucky day. My favorite one was the skier that I put in my previous post.
Here are a few:




Of course, they had "serious" items as well. Such as clusters of onions.
I bought one of these for Lars:
and one of these:
And you people wonder what I do all day...............................





























1 comment:

Christi Enwright said...

My fav, of course, is hte onion piggy :)
Big Hugs
Christi