About Me

My photo
LAUSANNE, Switzerland
I am an American living in Switzerland with a Swedish husband, a beautiful baby boy, a Swedish cat, and a French dog.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

New Job

Well, L has gone ahead and gotten himself a new job. I am not sure how I feel about the company itself but it is going to give him what he needs to advance to the next level. The company is Phillip Morris International. Yes, I know, it's a horrible tobacco company BUT the opportunities for him there are limitless. Besides, he got such a good package with the job offer and a ridiculously large signing bonus.
The location of the job is in Lausanne. Lausanne is a city about 45 minutes from Geneva. For now he is going to commute but I think that we might start looking for a new place to live, closer to his job. They will pay for our moving exp. and give us 25k cash to settle into a new house if we move anywhere within 30km of Lausanne.

I go back and forth on moving. I now have a routine and I have made friends. Yes, Lausanne is only 45 minutes away but to me it seems like a land far, far away. It's like living in Boston and finding you have to drive to the South Shore for a dinner party. IT seems sooooooooo far away. It might be a better place for me though. I am already getting bored with Geneva and it hasn't even been a year since I lived here. It is such a quiet city. Then again, maybe it is time for a house and a family. Who knows.....stranger things have happened.

I will keep you all updated!

No comments: