About Me

My photo
LAUSANNE, Switzerland
I am an American living in Switzerland with a Swedish husband, a beautiful baby boy, a Swedish cat, and a French dog.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lessons..........

I actually ventured into the city on Tuesday. I had to change over a gym membership from Geneva to Lausanne (who am I kidding. I never go....). Afterwards, I made a quick stop at Globus. In the store there was this old lady in front of me moving soooooooo ssssssllllllooooowwwwwllllllyyyyyy. Every time I tried to move around her she would end up right in front of me. I (not so quietly cursed her under my breath) and made a mad dash to get around her.

I stop at the parking garage to pay my ticket and the f'ing thing doesn't work. My ticket was creased and not reading properly. Now what am I supposed to do?? There was no one in the office as it was closed for lunch (surprise, surprise). I press the info button on the machine and say - Hello. My ticket doesn't work. Not a big deal you think right?? REMEMBER I am trying to do this in FRENCH. UGH!!! There was a voice that came over the loud speaker and the man said blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Shit - I thought to myself. What the F did that guy just say???? I look around and there is a lady behind me and she said well????....and I say "I don't understand". So she takes my ticket from me and proceeds to HELP me and because of her this man could fix my ticket. Guess who the lady was??? Yep, the old woman that I cursed while in Globus.

Lesson - don't curse anyone out loud. Keep it in......
I wonder if she helped me just to teach me a lesson??

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Hmm that is a good life lesson.

We had our parking ticket get eaten by the machine when we tried to pay one time, and they just let us go (we called them on the intercom again where you turn in your ticket and they lifted the gate for us).

BTW I print the cards at home on my printer.