About Me

My photo
LAUSANNE, Switzerland
I am an American living in Switzerland with a Swedish husband, a beautiful baby boy, a Swedish cat, and a French dog.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Today it is....................



SNOWING. Yep, snowing. Yesterday it was bright and sunny (although a bit chilly) and I planted some flowers and window boxes for the terrace. This morning I wake up to snow - and it is still snowing. This is the most snow that I have seen this winter. But wait.....it's not winter anymore. I feel badly for the poor little birds (that make so much f'ing noise) that are nesting outside of our bedroom window. Betcha this snow shocked the hell out of them. Maybe they will be quiet while trying to keep warm. ;)

We are pretty much done with the ski season. Two weekends ago I wipe out twice and then last week I fell on the last run and hurt my ankle. It was nasty - lost both skis and poles. To my defense the visibility was quite bad at the time. I guess the faster I go the harder I fall. Next season I am going to buy a helmet.

What else, lets see.....I had a session with a photographer to learn more about my camera. What I did find out though is that I know NOTHING about my camera. It was a 2 hour session and was very informative although I felt like my head was going to explode after we were done. I was also part of setting up a photography club though Geneva online and our first meeting is tonight. I am excited that so many people are interested. There should be about 15 of us and it will be nice to get to meet some new people in this town. I know absolutely no one but will chalk it up to an experience and hope that all goes well.

Some practice shots (Jojje was not amused!)







This Thursday morning we leave for Spain. Gracias a Dios - finally a place where I can speak the bloody language. I am so sick of talking in monosyllables here. My French is still dreadful. Guess I really need to practice if I want to become better. UGH! We fly into Alicante Thursday morning, spend the night there and then drive up the coast to Valencia and spend two nights. The next day we will continue our drive to Barcelona and then leave for Geneva later that evening. I cannot wait to have a cortado. I have stopped drinking coffee about 2 months ago but I think that I will have to give in to the craving this weekend.

I can't stop thinking about it...........
:)

No comments: