About Me

My photo
LAUSANNE, Switzerland
I am an American living in Switzerland with a Swedish husband, a beautiful baby boy, a Swedish cat, and a French dog.

Friday, April 25, 2008

funny swiss stories.......

We were catching a flight to Copenhagen to visit my in-laws this past weekend. Our flight was really (really) early in the morning. 6:30 to be exact. At the airport, going through security the security man says to me in french...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. And I said non......because usually they ask you do you have any liquids or a laptop. Easy enough - I said 'non'. He looks at me strangely and says (in English this time). "Where are you going?" What, I say (I never heard this question asked of me before, and I guess my non response did not cut it!)?? He says again, where are you going?? Are you going to Copenhagen? Why yes, yes I am, I say and proceeded through the line.
No wonder he looked so confused. Shit, no wonder why I was so confused. You get used to one question and then they pull something totally different out of their hat. I think it is just to test me to see if I know what they are saying when they speak French. Obviously not.

No comments: