About Me

My photo
LAUSANNE, Switzerland
I am an American living in Switzerland with a Swedish husband, a beautiful baby boy, a Swedish cat, and a French dog.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Waiting for the snow........

The hubby and I picked up our skis and boots this weekend. I also talked him into buying snow shoes for the both of us. I have found a ton of websites for skiing, dog sledding, tobogganing, and snow shoeing. If we are here, well then we are going to enjoy ourselves and make the most out of the winter season. Did I ever tell you that the both of us HATE the cold??


On Sunday we were very "Swiss" and took a 2 1/2 hour walk in Jussy. It was a nice walk, but nothing too exciting. The only thing exciting that happened was that we were almost run over by two horses that escaped from a near by stable. I had my camera, but being the experienced camera person that I am (ha!), I let the moment pass me by. I was too busy trying to stay out of the horses way and my mouth was on the ground because I have never seen run away horses before. I know, I am just a pathetic city girl.....well, that's better than being a girl trampled by horses!!! Here are some pictures of the walk. Fall is now over but there are still glimpses of color to be found. Oh, and I also included a shot of the horses being led back to the stable by their owners.






I also signed up for more French classes in January. It will be Jan - April but only 2 days per week (3 hour sessions). I need to be able to more than grunt and use hand signals while in a store. It is driving me insane not being able to speak the language better or maybe it is that I like torturing myself......

No comments: