About Me

My photo
LAUSANNE, Switzerland
I am an American living in Switzerland with a Swedish husband, a beautiful baby boy, a Swedish cat, and a French dog.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

April: Getting ready for Geneva

I knew that I would be in for an adventure when I married a man named Lars from Sweden...... I just never thought that the adventure would happen so soon!


This blog will be about the trials and tribulations of a "trailing spouse" UGH! What a terrible term - who in the world ever invented this term? I think that it was the mortgage industry (go figure!!) I must say that I am looking forward to having some time off and starting a new life. It's not everyday that you get to re-invent yourself.

A blog was the easiest way (for me!) to keep everyone up to date on the "Vicksen Adventure Series". I intend to keep you all amused and smiling at my mishaps in a foreign country. I just have to remember that this will be much different than when I lived in Spain. I am glad that they didn't have blogs back in the day. Think of all of the trouble that I would be in. ; )

Boston has been good to me. It has had its ups and downs but I have had a fantastic time and have made so many wonderful friends. I wish that I could take you all with me.... I will just have to trust that we will have many visitors once we get settled in.

I have given my notice at my job and my last day will be the 30th. What will I do with myself???? How will I not handle not being a slave to my phone/email?? I suppose that I will do just fine!! Summer in Europe - what could be better? I have signed up for French classes for 9 weeks from July to Sept. That should be interesting. I tried taking a basic French class here in Boston and I pronounced everything in Spanish. Learning French will be difficult but I am up for the challenge. I am hoping that the classes will occupy me for awhile.

No comments: